Back in November we were woken up at 4am to the sound of a screaming child. Tommy ran in there and Colton kept saying his head hurt, but without his glasses Tommy could not see anything so he told him to come to me and I'd get him some Tylenol. Well he laid on my bed and I went to go get Tylenol, when I returned there was blood all over my pillow. I rolled him over and almost passed out. My child has a 3 inch hole in the back of his head and blood was all over. I starting screaming to Tommy. I won't lie, I was in total panic mode. We've been through broken bones and stitches so I thought I was a pro at going to the ER, but not when your child is laying there with a DEEP hole is his head and is completely oblivious to it. So we got our composure and headed to the Bartow Hospital ER (which by the way I was TOTALLY impressed with....no wait, nice doctor - in and out in a hurry and much closer for us South Lakeland people!!) Colton ended up with 5 staples and was a real trooper through the whole process. I was in the nurses station crying my eyes out for him. You protect your child from harm, then you hand them over to someone to stick needles in their head....it was more than I could bare. I am teary now just reliving it!! He was a war hero with the staples though. Everyone was fascinated by them. We came to the conclusion that he fell off his bed and hit his marble window sill in the middle of the night while dead asleep. Just a weird night all together and worthy of a Blog mention!!!!!!!
Thursday, December 27, 2007
The Head Injury
Back in November we were woken up at 4am to the sound of a screaming child. Tommy ran in there and Colton kept saying his head hurt, but without his glasses Tommy could not see anything so he told him to come to me and I'd get him some Tylenol. Well he laid on my bed and I went to go get Tylenol, when I returned there was blood all over my pillow. I rolled him over and almost passed out. My child has a 3 inch hole in the back of his head and blood was all over. I starting screaming to Tommy. I won't lie, I was in total panic mode. We've been through broken bones and stitches so I thought I was a pro at going to the ER, but not when your child is laying there with a DEEP hole is his head and is completely oblivious to it. So we got our composure and headed to the Bartow Hospital ER (which by the way I was TOTALLY impressed with....no wait, nice doctor - in and out in a hurry and much closer for us South Lakeland people!!) Colton ended up with 5 staples and was a real trooper through the whole process. I was in the nurses station crying my eyes out for him. You protect your child from harm, then you hand them over to someone to stick needles in their head....it was more than I could bare. I am teary now just reliving it!! He was a war hero with the staples though. Everyone was fascinated by them. We came to the conclusion that he fell off his bed and hit his marble window sill in the middle of the night while dead asleep. Just a weird night all together and worthy of a Blog mention!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment